Gabe Amatangelo Interview: Add-ons, Combat Log, Cross-Server, Ranked PvP & More!
The fine folks over at long-time Australian fan site TOROZ have just posted a brand new video interview with Lead End-game Designer Gabe Amatangelo. Apparenlty, Gabe was down under for the launch festivities taking place over the past few days, and took some time to meet with fans and fan sites.
There are definitely some interesting tidbits to come out of this, which are compiled below. I don’t know about you, but these changes look pretty exciting! We’ll keep an eye out for more coverage from the Asia-Pacific launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. In the mean time, enjoy!
Thanks to TorBoard for the notes compilation!
- Lesser end-game commendations (Champion, Centurion, etc.) will not be exchangable.
- There will be two levels of warzones. Regular and Ranked warzones.
- Regular warzones will give out regular WZ commendations, and Ranked warzones will give out ranked WZ commendations.
- New intro PVP set for new level 50 players to fill gap in gear.
- There will be some “fun” uses for commendations you dont need anymore.
- Phase one will be server specific.
- Phase two (coming in the future) will have cross-server queuing.
- Combat log coming soon.
- DPS meters/Parsers will be done by 3rd party addons via combat log.
- Free/Paid Server transfers are being worked on but no date provided. They want to make sure the process is perfect before releasing this.
- Coming in phase two of pvp changes (later than 1.2)
- Priority is on playing with people from your own server.
- As soon as you start choosing certain things (which warzone, ranked, etc.). It becomes more difficult for you to get a WZ with server players so you go into the cross-server