Patch Notes: 1.1.2 – Ability Delay, Combat Animations, Sprint & More
It’s maintenance day! That means the servers are down, but the patch notes are up!
BioWare is deploying patch 1.1.2 to the live servers this morning, and with it appears to bring some welcome changes. Further work on ability delay has been done, as well as improving any combat animations that were getting in the way of abilities executing properly. And Sprint will now automatically re-engage after you die. I could swear I didn’t have this problem, but some players must have!
You can find these and all patch notes on BioWare’s official Patch Notes page.
1.1.2 Patch Notes — 2/7/2012
Classes and Combat
Combat Ability Responsiveness
- Further improved response time for ability activation requests, especially in low-framerate situations.
- The activation bar now appears at the correct time (when the activation of an ability begins) and disappears when activation is complete.
- Instant combat abilities no longer occasionally start their combat animations twice, resulting in jerky behavior on the executing player’s client.
- The display of the floating text from instant healing abilities is no longer delayed by the animation on the client and now properly reflects the time the effect happens on the server.
- Abilities on cooldown are now more easily distinguished from abilities that can be used.
- If Sprint was active when a player died, it now remains active when the player is revived.
- Pacify: This ability can no longer be used on Operation Boss enemies.
- Plasma Blades: Now increases damage dealt by burn effects by 5% per point.
- Searing Saber: Now correctly modifies the critical damage dealt by burn effects.
- Changes to Searing Saber and Plasma Blades result in an overall increase in Damage Per Second.
- Obfuscate: This ability can no longer be used on Operation Boss enemies.
- Hemorrhage: Now increases damage dealt by bleed effects by 5% per point.
- Bleedout: Now correctly modifies critical damage dealt by bleed effects.
- Changes to Hemorrhage and Bleedout result in an overall increase in Damage Per Second.
- Unity: Now properly provides damage reduction when used.
- All Techniques now cost 100 Force.
- Force Technique’s Force Breach now also deals damage when applied. Overall damage dealt by this ability has not changed.
- Technique Mastery: No longer increases the duration of Force Technique’s Breach effect. It now increases the damage dealt by Force Technique.
- Particle Acceleration: This skill now also triggers from Spinning Strike. It now triggers from damage dealt (rather than ability use) such that each hit of Spinning Strike, Double Strike, and Whirling blow have an individual chance to yield the Particle Acceleration buff. The chance to trigger has been reduced to 30% per hit, and it now properly increases the critical damage dealt by Project when a Force Potency charge is consumed.
- Harnessed Shadows: Stacks of Harnessed Shadows now last 30 seconds. Using Slow Time now yields a stack of Harnessed Shadows.
- Circling Shadows: Now requires the purchase of the Shadow Technique skill. Shadow Technique must be active in order to trigger the Circling Shadows buff. This skill now also triggers from Spinning Strike.
Balance (Shared Tree)
- Force Focus: Now additionally lowers the cooldown of Force Breach while Force Technique is active.
- Force Strike: Now triggers from activating melee attacks that hit a target affected by Force Technique’s Breach effect. This effect now triggers more easily but cannot trigger as frequently.
- Force in Balance: Heals the caster for 1% of maximum health for each target struck. This healing effect can no longer crit and no longer consumes Force Potency charges.
- Psychic Absorption: Now doubles the amount of healing generated by Force in Balance and Focused Insight.
- All Saber Charges now cost 100 Force.
- Lightning Charge’s Discharge now also deals damage when applied. Overall damage dealt by this ability has not changed.
- Charge Mastery: No longer increases the duration of Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. It now increases the damage dealt by Lightning Charge.
- Energize: This skill now also triggers from Assassinate. It now triggers from damage dealt (rather than ability use) such that each hit of Assassinate, Thrash, and Lacerate have an individual chance to yield the Energize buff. The chance to trigger has been reduced to 30% per hit.
- Harnessed Darkness: Stacks of Harnessed Darkness now last 30 seconds. Using Wither now yields a stack of Harnessed Darkness.
- Induction: Now requires the Surging Charge skill to be purchased and requires that Surging Charge is active in order to trigger the Induction buff. This skill now also triggers from Assassinate.
Madness (Shared Tree)
- Crackling Charge: Now additionally lowers the cooldown of Discharge while Lightning Charge is active.
- Raze: Now triggers from activating melee attacks that hit a target affected by Lightning Charge’s Discharge effect. This effect now triggers more easily but cannot trigger as frequently.
- Death Field: Heals the caster for 1% of maximum health for each target struck. This healing effect can no longer crit and no longer consumes Recklessness charges.
- Devour: Now doubles the amount of healing generated by Death Field and Parasitism.
- Diversion: This ability can no longer be used on Operation Boss enemies.
- Diversion: This ability can no longer be used on Operation Boss enemies.
- Hydraulic Overrides: Visual and sound effects are now easier to recognize.
- Troopers can now access their ship after leaving and returning to Corellia within 30 minutes.
- Hold the Line: Visual and sound effects are now easier to recognize.
- Companion Characters no longer occasionally appear unclothed when summoned.
- Crazy Talk (mission): Male characters can now complete the conversation related to this mission.
- The message “There are no missions defined for the Crew Skill: [Crew Skill Name]” is no longer erroneously displayed.
- Crafting skills no longer inform the player that no missions are defined for the Crew Skill.
- Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.
- Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.
- Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals. However, the tooltips for these items have not been updated and will still display old values.
- The Exotech Med Unit schematic obtained from the Eternity Vault Operation now functions properly and can be learned.
- Harvesting nodes in Ilum no longer spawn in friendly bases.
- Slightly lowered the amount of resources gathered from harvested droids and creatures.
Flashpoints and Operations
- Players are now able to obtain destined loot from chests when Master Looter is enabled and they are not the Master Looter.
The False Emperor
- Jindo Krey’s ship no longer occasionally enters a state that prevents it from taking damage.
Kaon Under Siege
- Infected Mercenaries can no longer permanently stun players.
- Soa no longer resets if he uses Mind Trap on the main tank.
- Soa now frees all players in mind traps before transitioning to his platform phase. Players will no longer be stuck in mind traps during the platforming sequence as a result.
- Players released from Soa’s mind trap after he is defeated are now teleported to the appropriate location, allowing them to claim their loot.
- The chest that is awarded for defeating Karagga on Nightmare Mode no longer appears partially inside a wall.
- Foreman Crusher’s Perforating Rend now correctly applies itself to targets caught within the conical attack.
- Jarg & Sorno: The Carbonizer Probe no longer disappears if all of the players who attacked it died before the Carbonizer Probe was destroyed.
- Karagga no longer appears above portions of the walls during the fight.
- Karagga’s chest no longer spawns after defeating Bonethrasher in Nightmare Mode.
- Rakata weapons are now correctly rating 140 and are fitted with mark 25 modifications. These items were previously less powerful than intended.
- Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations.
- It is no longer possible to purchase items while holding down the Shift, Alt, or Ctrl keys.
- The Legacy Experience required to advance to Legacy Levels beyond 20 has been increased.
Missions and NPCs
- Commendation rewards for Hard Mode Flashpoint daily and weekly missions and Operation weekly missions have been increased.
- Players can no longer accept missions from mission boards if they have reached the pending mission reward cap.
- Resetting a mission that is dependent on completing other missions no longer prevents players from receiving mission credit.
- Fifth Time’s the Charm: Gholan no longer grants experience when killed.
- General Faraire: Khourlet’s Elite Guards no longer hide behind a door, preventing progression in this mission.
- A Last Stand: Players are now able to complete this mission as long as the Voss Scholars are inside the prison cell.
- The Big Show: Using Force Cloak, dying, or leaving the phase while on the step “Defeat the Screaming Blade Cultists” can no longer cause the necessary NPCs to disappear and prevent mission progress.
- Leave Nothing Behind: The Frozen Biomass Container now remains lootable if the loot window is closed.
- Most Wanted: A mission item can no longer be rolled on if it is looted while the player is in a group.
- Need to Impress: Players can now speak to Ambassador Jannik if they have already completed the mission Gormak Country.
- The Lightspring: The toughness of Vaverone Zare and Nariel Pridence has been decreased. This mission can no longer be failed.
- The Shadow Fist: Mission progress for players who are on this mission has been reset to the first step. Players can no longer become locked out of the stealth generator room.
- Class abilities that pull a hostile target (like Grapple, Harpoon, and Force Pull) can no longer be used to pull enemies onto the spawn shelf.
- Players standing in the spawn area no longer catch the Huttball when it is thrown, and will no longer immediately be killed for having the ball in an illegal position.
- Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.
- Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
- Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.
- The speed of enemy Ion Cannons has been reduced to improve balance in high-level Space Combat Missions.
- The reverse engineering button no longer occasionally disappears after a crafting skill is initially learned.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Loading screens no longer appear in low resolution if the player selects the low-resolution texture option in preferences.
- Facial animations no longer fail to play correctly in some instances.
- During brief teleports, the splash screen does not appear incorrectly over loading screens.
- Players will no longer experience limited audio, black portraits, or the inability to initiate conversations when they reconnect after being disconnected.
- Fixed a rare crash when updating inventory items when the player loads into the game.
- The loading screen no longer appears during “fade to black” sequences.